Vacation is ALMOST OVER! ::tears::

The worst thing about vacation is when it comes to an end.

We still have one more night left of our time here at Whistler. I think it's been the perfect amount of time for a relaxing village that doesn't really have that much going on this time of the year.

We have spent a lot of time in our hotel (which I like doing when we pay more than we would for a "just a place to sleep after we go out and do things" room). I've finished two and a half books (Today I started on Mindy Kaling's "Is Everybody Hanging Out Without Me?" and it's hilarious. I love it). We've lazed around watching movies and HGTV. I lounged in an amazing, deep bathtub and had my own spa day in the room. I finished crocheting a little Christmas-y towel thing for the kitchen and made a ton of progress on the blanket I'm working on. I've blogged every day for NaBloPoMo and have gotten a REALLY good start on my novel for NaNoWriMo. It's been a little creative retreat.

In between our luxury lounging, we've had delicious food (and some not-so-delicious food), did some shopping, and took in the gorgeous mountain views.

Today, we woke up to gorgeous snow, which continued for most of the morning. It was so crisp and refreshing, though I'll be glad to go home to our more mild temperatures tomorrow. Snow is lovely to look at from my room, but not something that I want to have to battle on the way to work every day.


One of the other nice things about this vacation is that we'll still have the weekend to hang out at home after we leave tomorrow afternoon. Generally our vacations are much more rushed. When we go and visit my parents, for example, we generally get off work at 5:00, catch a flight around 9:00 that night and then get home sometime around 1:00 in the morning on Sunday night and go to work the next morning. This is going to be much better! I miss the kitties and I'm excited for my own bed and for my fireplace with real fire (our room has a "fireplace" which can put out heat, but doesn't have a real fire. Le sad). 






I treated myself to a Lush bath fizzy today, and took the most amazing bath. I am going to miss a lot of things about our little vacation, but that bathtub might be what I miss most of all. I've finally figured out how to take a bath. I have a tendency to make the water too hot and start to feel like I'm going to pass out after 10 minutes or so. I usually have to take a cool shower to get my body temperature back to normal, chug water and then sit down for an hour to stop myself from feeling dizzy. Today the water temp was perfect, I had a good book to read and I stayed in until I got pruny.

Tonight for dinner we went where we SHOULD have gone last night for our special anniversary dinner instead of that sub-par diner. Tonight we went to The Mongolie Grill, which is similar to the Mongolian Grill that we have near our house, but WAY better. It was a pay-by-the pound set up with a buffet lineup to pick out all of your stir fry goodies, but I got a 20% discount for being a vegetarian (score!). The veggies and sauces were SO delicious. My eyes were bigger than my tummy, and I ended up with enough food left over on my plate to bring back to the hotel (second dinner!).  It was so good, but way more expensive than the place by our house, which is pay by the bowl, and can usually suffice for three meals.


Now, we are back in the hotel after a nice after dinner walk and we are going to go see the new Thor movie at the tiny little underground theater here in Whistler. We watched Skyfall when we were in Dublin and it has been a fun little memory every time we have watched the movie since. 

I'll make sure to post an update after I get home to let you know what I thought of the movie. Until then, have a great Thursday night! 

Thupdate (Thor update):

1. I want a Viking funeral
2. They should just make a movie of Loki looking smarmy and being snarky. I would watch that.
3. Chris Hemsworth takes his shirt off. It's good.
4. The movie was actually really good. A good storyline, not too long, lots of laughter.
5. Our movie theater was nearly empty, just us and a bunch of Canadian dudes. It was a very pleasant way to watch an 8:45 midnight premiere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Day 1: I CHEATED

Project: 100 Books in 2013

Panic Stress Dreams. So, that's fun.