Truth time: NaNoWriMo

I have a confession to make. I am WAY behind on NaNoWriMo! We are talking like a WEEK behind.

I made a really good start on my novel while we were on vacation last week, but enjoying the last couple of days of relaxation followed by the stress of going back to work after a week out of office, not to mention the ridiculous migraine I had yesterday meant that I haven't been putting in any time at my laptop, working on my story.

Never fear, though. I have not given up hope. I still think about my main character and her story. In the two years since I had the idea for my novel, my main character and I have become well acquainted. I think of her like an old friend that I maybe haven't talked to in a while (which actually works really well with where her story is going).

I want to enjoy writing my novel, not feel obligated to stare at a computer when I get home after I've already done that for 9-10 hours at my job. I'm not going to reprimand myself or feel bad about the fact that I took some time off for writing. I have a marathon writing session planned for this weekend and I feel confident that I'll reach my 50,000 word mark by the end of November. I just have to get in the right frame of mind. Marc and I are going to be going to Starbucks after work tomorrow (away from my biggest distractions: books and Gossip Girl marathons on Netflix) and I'm going to write and drink coffee until I just can't anymore. It sounds awesome!

In other news:

We got our tickets tonight to see Pacific Northwest Ballet's Nutcracker on December 23. I am so excited to go see the ballet again. Marc took me for the first time as a surprise two years ago and we went last year, as well. As far as I'm concerned, it's one of our new Christmas traditions. The set and costumes for the PNB Nutcracker were done by Maurice Sendak, who did Where The Wild Things Are. The sets and costumes are gorgeous and a little scary, like the Nutcracker itself. I can't wait to go again this year right before Christmas.

Photo from seattlepi.com

If you haven't listened to the new Head and the Heart album, Let's Be Still, you're really missing out. I'll leave you tonight with my favorite song off the album, "Cruel." Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Day 1: I CHEATED

Project: 100 Books in 2013

Panic Stress Dreams. So, that's fun.