Greetings from Canada!

Marc and my first anniversary didn't go so well.

We had lived in Washington for less than a year at the time, and hadn't done too much exploring outside of our area. After a little research, we decided to go down to Long Beach, Washington. We found an adorable little hotel and left early from work on Friday to go down and enjoy a weekend on the coast to celebrate our first year as a married couple.

The hotel was incredible. It's called Adrift Hotel and you should DEFINITELY check it out if you want to spend a weekend in Long Beach. It's chic and wonderfully decorated and so cozy. We had Chinese food in our suite that night and got up the next morning to explore. I immediately found a place to ride horses on the beach. We signed up for a session and spent the time waiting for it to start wandering along the cold, blustery beach.

My horse was named Earnhardt. He was sweet. It really wasn't his fault. Long story short, Earnhardt wasn't happy about going on our little beach walk and we ended up turned around, separated from the rest of the group. When the rough leader came galloping back to force Earnhardt to turn around again, he bolted and I spent the rest of the evening in and out of consciousness in a quaint little hospital.

That was the day before our anniversary.

Marc spent the next day taking care of me at home. He brought me my medicine, and all my meals. He held me steady as I dragged my bruised and broken self from the living room to the bathroom, the only time I ever got up. It took about 20 minutes for us to walk the short hallway because it hurt so bad to move at all. Once I was able to shower again, he gently washed my hair around the staples as we both watched in horror as the water around my feet turned crimson.

He spent our first anniversary showing me how much he loved me and that he meant what he said in his vows.

Needless to say, we have decided to be less adventurous on our anniversary from now on. Last year we were in London, and we went to a museum, did some shopping, took the tube around the city and then had dinner at the cute little pub in our hotel.

A few weeks ago, I got one of my crazy, excited ideas and turned to Marc one day and said "You know what we should do? We should spent every anniversary in a different country for as long as we can!"

"Sure, that sounds fun." He's pretty easygoing, and doesn't mind me getting over excited about silly things.

So, we decided to come to Whistler for our anniversary. We spent way too long one afternoon picking our hotel room, but it was totally worth it. We got a great deal and are here from tonight until Friday afternoon. There's no snow on the ground (yet) but we weren't planning on skiing anyways... with my anniversary luck, I'd probably wind up with a femur bone sticking out of my leg.

We are thinking more along the lines of dinner, shopping, lots of relaxing in the form of reading, writing (NaNoWriMo for me!), board games, watching movies, walking around the village. Hopefully it will snow! I want to make little baby snowmen and maybe a snow angel. I think the anniversary gods would allow some snowshoeing, and maybe even sledding, if I'm careful. We'll have to see what the week holds. Tonight we went grocery shopping at the most expensive little IGA I've ever been to. It was ridiculous, but we got all of our groceries on sale and it will still be cheaper than eating out every meal.

After we had delicious Italian food in our room (veggie lasagna for me), Marc watched his stupid zombie show and I took a bubble bath and Epsom salt bath in the HUGE, beautiful bathtub in our room. It was super relaxing, and JUST what I needed.

Now I've got to go finish my NaNoWriMo writing for tonight, (ridiculous that it took me 10 times as long to write the 899 words that I've done today, when it took me next to nothing to write the 700+ words of this blog... I wish my story came so easily) and then snuggle in bed to hopefully finish The Fault in Our Stars.

Good night from Canada (eh!).

Road trip! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Day 1: I CHEATED

Project: 100 Books in 2013

Panic Stress Dreams. So, that's fun.