Late late late.

So, technically, it's the 16th of November. But since I haven't gone to bed yet, I'm still counting this as my blog for Friday. It's fine, trust me.

I went into work two hours early today and got a ton of work done before I even "officially" was at work for the day. I hate getting out of my bed that early, but it's so good to get things done while it's still quiet and I don't have the phone ringing in my ear nonstop.

After work, Marc and I went to Starbucks so that I could do some NaNoWriMo writing. I picked up where I left off last time and realized that I really need to be keeping better track of my characters, locations and all of the little details that I've already written. I don't want to forget to mention something later on in the story that is relevant to what's going on, and (more importantly), I don't want to have any sort of inconsistencies if I can avoid it. That will help with editing after I finish (if I decide to edit it. I'm honestly doing this just to write it).

I decided to halt the writing process and we ran over to Target for a pretty new notebook for organizing my novel brain.

Pretty:


Later on we went over to our friends' house for games. We met Tom and Stacy through a friend at work and get together with them every once in a while to hang out, play games and talk. Stacy is super crafty and is always making adorable things. I am way jealous of her craft supplies. Stacy was out of the house tonight, so Marc, Tom and I played a couple of rounds of Gloom and then some Magic The Gathering. 

Then, I let the boys play and filled out my new notebook with as many details as I could remember and put together from scrap paper about my novel so far. I didn't get a lot of actual words written today, but I have a GREAT outline now, and feel like I'm really getting to know my characters and can clearly see some of the locations that I've dreamed up for them to play in. 

I hung out with my buddy Missy, Tom and Stacy's cat. She was just observing at first: 


But then she decided to "help:" 


And now it's 2:46 am. I slept 4.5 hours last night and was up at 5:30 this morning. I am off to bed, where I'm sure I'll be out for the count as soon as my head hits the pillow. 

Goodnight! Happy weekend! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Day 1: I CHEATED

Project: 100 Books in 2013

Panic Stress Dreams. So, that's fun.