Home, Sweet, Home

Nano, NOT super stoked to be leaving Whistler. 
As sad as it was leaving Whistler today, it is so, so good to be home.

We got up this morning and cleaned up the massive amount of stuff that we had taken to our hotel (no judging... it was a relaxing vacation, and I took a lot of stuff).

After walking around in the leftover snow and checking out, we stopped by the little Trading Post to get some souvenirs and then went back to Dups Burritos for lunch. I had a taco salad this time and it was SO good. I will definitely miss that place.

Then, it was time to leave Whistler behind and get on the road home. We stopped at a liquor store on the way back towards Vancouver and found a bottle of wine that we had during dinner at the tapas restaurant, Simply Noir by a winery called Stag's Hollow. We picked up a bottle for our friend/coworker, too, to thank her for watching after our cats while we were away. They're pretty low maintenance, but I really appreciate having somebody to check in on them while we're gone for several days.

Our GPS only has service in the States and we don't have cell service in Canada, so Marc got just the tiniest bit unsure about where we were going in an effort to avoid Friday afternoon Vancouver traffic, so we went on a little adventure until we discovered that he had been going the right way all along (except for one turn where he decided to go right and I thought he should have gone left and I was totally right).

We stopped by work (it's on the way home) in time to give Karyl her bottle of wine and now we are back home with the kitties. Our luggage isn't put away yet, but we're two episodes into Gossip Girl, which I really missed out on while we were in Canada, because evil Canada Netflix doesn't offer my guilty pleasure to viewers in their country. Shame. We are getting tons of kitty snuggles, a nice reminder of how good it is to be at home.

Now we've got the weekend ahead of us to continue to unwind and then it's back to work. I plan to enjoy what's left of my vacation as much as possible! It's been a great anniversary week.

My kitty babies:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Day 1: I CHEATED

Project: 100 Books in 2013

Panic Stress Dreams. So, that's fun.