Anniversary day: shopping, lounging and cow puns.

It's Marc and my third anniversary today.

I can't believe how quickly the first three years of our marriage have gone by. I realized sadly the other day that I don't think we can really consider ourselves newlyweds anymore. Sad face.

We continued our relaxing Whistler vacation today. I woke up way earlier than I would have liked again this morning, and then wasn't able to go back to sleep. I took advantage of the quiet time to finish another book (The Spectacular Now... which I found a little less than spectacular, but pretty good) and to work on the blanket I've been crocheting.

Marc got up and we spent some extra time in bed, watching The Vow, which I got excited about, but then remembered that I had already seen when Channing Tatum farted in the car. But it was cute, so we snuggled and watched it instead of taking a nap, which is what I should have done.

We walked around the village again, exploring further this time than the last time we went out, and found a little bookstore, where I bought a Harry Potter book (my vacation tradition), a Bloomsbury edition of The Order of the Phoenix, one of my favorites. I'm going to have to start putting little sticky notes or something in all of my Potter books so that I can remember where each one in my growing collection came from.

We also found a liquor store, but they didn't carry the delicious wine that we had with dinner a couple of nights ago, Simply Noir by a winery called Stags Hollow. It was so good! We also popped into a Boots store and I got a scarf, which is one of my favorite souvenirs to pick up on vacation, because I wear scarves all the time and love having a story behind them. I wear the scarf that I picked up right across from the Trevi Fountain in Rome all the time. It makes me feel like I'm carrying around a little piece of Italy.

After we had a bite to eat, we came back up to our room to hang out (and stop me from spending all our money shopping). It seems a little boring, but it's really nice to just do nothing for a week, especially considering how busy we are all the time with work most weeks. We got sucked into a marathon of shows on TLC about cheap people. First was Extreme Couponers (who I can relate to, and inspire me to save a little more on my grocery bills) and then Extreme Cheapskates (who are bat shit crazy).

We went to dinner at this little diner that wasn't nearly as nice as the other place we were planning to go, but it had mac and cheese on the menu and that sounded really good. The food was okay, but not great. We were the only two people in there, though, and there was a futbol match on the TV, which reminded me of our anniversary dinner last year in London, at the pub attached to our hotel. It was nice and quiet and we got to talk.

After dinner, we walked down to get some of the "best ice cream in Canada" at a place called Cows. We brought the ice cream up to our room and it is really delicious. I got a mix of "Gooey Mooey" and "Messie Bessie." Better than the ice cream, though, was the little shop inside with all of this crap with cow puns. It was hilarious, and somebody gets paid to sit around all day to think up cow puns. I WANT THAT JOB.


Now we're back in our room, getting ready to watch some movie (Cloud Atlas?) that Marc wanted to see and happens to be on HBO. I got a couple of wintery bath bombs from Lush earlier today and am going to take advantage of the huge, awesome bathtub again. If only it would snow! Snow has been in the forecast all day, but so far it's just raining. At least it's precipitating. Maybe we'll get some snow before the night is through! 

I'm loving quiet, pre-winter sports season Whistler so far, and I'll be sad when it's time to leave! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Day 1: I CHEATED

Project: 100 Books in 2013

Panic Stress Dreams. So, that's fun.