Music Love: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' "Same Love"

Somehow, even though the YouTube video has apparently been up for five months, I only saw the music video for Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' "Same Love" (featuring Mary Lambert) last night. I've heard the song before and was very touched by the message, and the music video is gorgeous.

I've been married for just over two years, and I love it (a little less than usual this morning, as I had to wake up my sleepy husband five times before he would get out of bed and then he didn't even move the broken laundry room door like I asked so I could start the dryer, but whatever). I hate that there is even controversy and debate over whether or not two men or two women should be ALLOWED to get married. If two people love each other and care about each other and want to be there to take care of each other to the point where they want to make it official, to be married, I'm all for it, whether those two people both be men or both be women. Honestly, I don't feel like it really affects me or the way I live my life at all, and it can make two other people very happy.

I need to go get The Heist and see if all of the songs on the album have such down-to-earth, positive messages as "Thrift Shop" and "Same Love." From what I've heard so far, Macklemore seems like a great guy, and I feel like he's a pretty good role model. Go watch the video for "Same Love" and see for yourself:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Day 1: I CHEATED

Project: 100 Books in 2013

Panic Stress Dreams. So, that's fun.