I'm sick (and whiny)

I feel awful. There is a little bug going around the office and I was lucky enough to catch it. Yay me!

I did manage to make it though the workday, however, and now I'm my best to enjoy my evening and read some of my latest book, "Days of Blood and Starlight." It's the second book in a trilogy by Laini Taylor. I got the first book while we were in Portland last weekend, and found out after the fact that Laini herself lives in Portland.


The first book, "Daughter of Smoke and Bone,"  was SO GOOD. I flew through it in about a day and a half. My sweet husband (who is being his sweet self right now and is out buying me pizza) knew I would want to read the second one and bought it for me on Amazon (yay 2 day shipping!). Now if I could only keep my eyes from drooping long enough to read more than a chapter without stopping for a break.

SPEAKING of books... my 100 Books in 2013 is off to a rocky start. Here we are, nearly a quarter of the way into the year and "Daughter of Smoke and Bone" was just the THIRD book to be added to my list of books read. I just feel like I don't have time to devote to new books lately, so I find myself drawn to re-reading Harry Potter, because I know them so well that I can pick up a book (or lately, my iPad) and read for five minutes here and there and still know what is going on. I'm determined to get caught up and make my goal. Good thing I have some vacation time planned for this summer, both a little trip to Florida and some camping. I get so much reading done while camping. It's so relaxing

That isn't my only resolution that has fallen by the wayside. I have a little stack of letters that need answering (sorry guys! I'll write soon!) and I'm not working out as often as I would like to be. I blame being busy, but I really need to make the time for the things I enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Day 1: I CHEATED

Project: 100 Books in 2013

Panic Stress Dreams. So, that's fun.