Beautiful Things

Happy Friday!

I had two album reviews up this week on Confront Magazine! Although writing for the magazine is stressful sometimes... trying to find time to write on top of my already busy schedule... I love it so much. You can check out my review for Pollens' Brighten & Break here and for Courrier's Cathedrals of Color here. Aaaaaand, my interview with Hanna Benn of Pollens should be up on Confront Magazine tomorrow. I can't wait for you all to read it. It was such a pleasure sitting down to talk with her.

I'm still gross and sick, so I figured I would just use this blog post to share some of things awesome things I found online this week! Hope everybody has a wonderful weekend!

1. Video of Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka on The Chew

This video of Neil and David playing something like The Newlywed Game is adorable! It feels especially relevant, especially given the fact that right of gay couples to get married has been in the news so much lately. Aren't they so precious? Let them (and any other homosexual couple who wants to) get married already!!



2. This article about Bikers Against Child Abuse. 

Granted, I have been sick and exhausted this week and my emotions are running a little high, but this article literally had me sobbing, tears streaming down my face. It is an amazing show of compassion and humanity. It's a little long, but definitely worth the read. I never saw myself as a news journalist, and always thought I would be more suited for writing feature-type stories. THIS is the kind of article that I would be proud to write, a story that is worth telling.

3. This awesome Harry Potter stuff that I found.

When I'm bored, I look for Harry Potter stuff that I wish I could buy.

"The Grim" teacup and saucer

Lightning Bolt & Glasses Ring

Deathly Hallows watch 

Acceptance Letter phone case

Hogwarts sweatshirt

Also, it has come to my attention that some of you haven't seen the video for Macklemore's "Thrift Shop." Here you go... now go enjoy your weekend.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Day 1: I CHEATED

Project: 100 Books in 2013

Panic Stress Dreams. So, that's fun.