So long, 2010!

I love New Years.

It's fun to look back on the year, and relive all of the things that happened. For me, 2010 was pretty awesome.

In 2010, I turned 24, which is a pretty good age so far. I also got married, which was definitely a first for me. Add in moving across the country to somewhere completely new and unexplored, and graduating from college, and it all comes out to be a pretty exciting 12 months.

Naturally, I fully expect 2011 to be just as exciting. I have an internship interview with The Stranger, a alt-weekly newspaper based out of Seattle, for next week Wednesday. I have been searching and searching for jobs, and there is next to nothing available in the journalism world. Maybe if I get the internship there, it will help to get my foot in the door, or at least beef up my wimpy resume a bit.

A friend of ours, Lauren, used to live out here in Everett before she moved back to Florida. She was sweet enough to get in touch with some of her friends who still live here, and introduce them to Marc over Facebook. They invited us to their New Year's Eve party tonight! Marc and I originally intended to go into the city for the New Year, but this is going to be so much better. Maybe we can make some friends!

But first, after Marc gets home from work, we are going to have Chinese food. It's a McClain family tradition. I think it was my Dad's grandma who used to make Chinese food on New Year's Eve when he was a kid, and then my parents would sometimes get Chinese food for New Year's when I was a kid, and now Marc and I do it. I love traditions.

Do any of you have any cool New Year's traditions?
Whatever you do tonight, please drive safe, watch out for crazy drunks, and have a good time!

Comments

  1. The Chinese food tradition was started long ago in dad's family. Dad went to his Mannie's house every year when he was a kid for Chop suey, he then took me when we dated and then we would do Chinese food on New Year's day with cabbage (a tradition in my family) when we had our own family. You never ate cabbage, but it has always been a traditional food for us on New Year's day with Chinese food. NYE, usually pizza, tonight, Greek food :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Day 1: I CHEATED

Project: 100 Books in 2013

Panic Stress Dreams. So, that's fun.