Job hunting is terrible, anniversaries are fun!

For the past two days, I have been doing some serious job hunting.

Obviously, by "serious job hunting," I mean getting up around 11:30, sitting at the computer for several hours before eating Christmas dinner leftovers until I'm in a carb coma and then napping while I watch reruns of The Office.

But honestly, I have been working really hard. Promise. If looking for jobs was a job, I would quit.

There's nothing more beautiful than seeing the words "please send resume and cover letter via e-mail." That means you won't have to sit through hours of surveys with stupid questions where it is impossible to figure out the right answer.

My personal devil... the agree, disagree, blah blah blah questions. I feel like I have to explain myself on every one, and that my answer is going to be the wrong one.

I am a very hardworking employee, and I often slack off on the job.
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Agree
Strongly agree

See, no right answer.

Sending an e-mail with my cover letter and resume also saves me from the time-consuming task of listing every menial job I've ever had, including the full address, telephone number, supervisor name, dates of employment, color of the tile in the bathroom, etc.

Well, I can't remember all of that, so I mostly just guestimate.

Hopefully I hear something about a job soon. I've put in applications everywhere... from jobs just to pay the bills like Panera and Starbucks (cheap creamy tomato soup or free coffee drinks. I'm okay with that), to really awesome jobs like Executive Assistant to the president of Grist Magazine, or the Community Relations Manager at Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle.

I don't think I'm nearly qualified enough for either of those, but maybe they're really desperate...

Journalism jobs are hard to come by. I applied for an internship at The Stranger, an alt-weekly out of Seattle. My e-mail bounced back from one recipient, but hopefully it went to more than just one e-mail. If I don't hear anything back from them by the end of the week, I'll call and see if it ever arrived.

It's an unpaid internship, but as long as I'm not making any money, I may as well be not making any money at a kickass internship, eh? 

On another note, today is Marc and I's 4.5 year dating anniversary.

I know that's a silly anniversary to celebrate, but our half year dating anniversary always reminds me of our six month anniversary. I had flown to California to spend Christmas with my family, and Marc picked me up at the airport in Orlando (it was cheaper than flying to Tampa) on December 28, 2006.

Six months felt like a big deal back then, and he took me to Emeril's restaurant at Universal Studio's Citywalk to celebrate. We had a great time eating and talking about our holidays, and celebrated Christmas together when we got back home.

Four and a half years later, look at us now. Still happy!

Marc and I when we first started dating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Day 1: I CHEATED

Project: 100 Books in 2013

Panic Stress Dreams. So, that's fun.