That's all I can really manage tonight, but I had to make a blog post for NaBloPoMo! Excuse me while I crawl into bed to die. Hopefully I'll be more entertaining tomorrow!
I feel like the luckiest girl ever. I get to hang out with my kid all day. I'm studying for my dream job. Probably about 99% of the stress in my life disappeared almost overnight. Then I remember that it's not just luck. I started thinking about the luck aspect when a (former) coworker told me "how lucky(!)" I was that I got to stay home with Oliver. It bugged me and, at first, I couldn't figure out why. It was because luck didn't have a lot to do with it. I am able to stay at home with Oliver and live the life I have been dreaming of because of smart choices and sacrifices. We only have one car. It's getting old now, but it's functional and we take good care of it. I love my car and hope that it lasts forever. I don't WANT a car payment, even if it means I could have a shiny new car. We bought a condo instead of a house. I don't think it's small, but compared to the average house size, it's well below. We don't have a yar...
It's been just under 27 days since I birthed a baby. Oliver is snuggled up on my chest in the Moby right now, allowing me to use both of my hands while he sleeps. We're getting the hang of this. Finally. After about a week and a half of creepy postpartum symptoms, and then the guilt over feeling them at all, Ollie and I are settling into a routine. Marc's mom is here right now, which has been comforting, especially because, for a little while, I was wondering if I would be able to do this on my own… a sort of new mommy panic. Having her here has been like knowing that there is a safety net, but I have been feeling lately like I CAN do this on my own. Sleeping is going okay some nights and not so okay other nights, but either way, I feel like I am getting enough sleep. Enough to function, enough not to break down into tears. Man, I miss my eight or nine hours in a row… now I would even be over the moon to get four or five solid hours in a row. Every morning, wh...
At the end of 2011, I made a resolution that nearly everybody makes: I wanted to get healthy, get in shape, and most importantly, feel more comfortable in my body. More than 60 pounds later, I consider my New Year's resolution from last year to be a smashing success. I feel fantastic and have plans to continue getting healthier and happier. Since I was able to stick to my resolution last year, I am overflowing with ideas (and confidence) to continue to improve my life overall in 2013. One of the things that I really want to work on is making time to do things that I enjoy. I've fallen into a pattern lately of getting up, rushing off to work, working hard and long and then coming home, mentally drained to watch TV and play on my phone until I fall asleep after a few short hours and then repeating the process. I hate it. So, I've made a list of things that I want to do (and not do) in 2013. One of the big ones is to spend more time reading. I love to read. It re...
Comments
Post a Comment