My "Sounds of Seattle" playlist for Confront Magazine!


I wrote a "Sounds of Seattle" playlist for Confront Magazine, and I've gotten some really nice feedback on it. I few of my Facebook friends have even told me that they discovered new music because of it. That makes me so happy! After all, that's why I write. There are a lot of bands that I really love, and I would love to introduce them to more people!

One of the bands, The Head and the Heart, has a new album out tomorrow! Since I reviewed Let's Be Still for Confront Magazine (the review will be up on Wednesday!) I've had the record for about a week, AND I pre-ordered the Loser edition from Sub Pop and it showed up on Saturday. I've already memorized most of the songs and I'm in LOVE. It's so good.

Two of the other bands (Bryan John Appleby and Deep Sea Diver) are playing a show together in December. (Tickets are still on sale! Come play with me.) I have reviews of the new Pearl Jam and Avett Brothers coming up at the end of this month.

All around, the end of the year looks pretty good musically. Sometimes making the time to sit down at right outside of work (where I stare at a computer for 8-12 hours a day) is exhausting, but the feedback from you guys has made it so worth it!

P.S. That's Marc's pretty picture on the cover of my Confront playlist! You can check out his flickr account here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Day 1: I CHEATED

Project: 100 Books in 2013

Panic Stress Dreams. So, that's fun.