Happy Head and the Heart Day!


I think it's pretty easy to say that The Head and the Heart's Let's Be Still is my most eagerly-awaited album release of the year so far. I pre-ordered the special "Loser" edition on vinyl from Sub Pop and it arrived on Friday (even though the album didn't come out officially until today), and I got a digital pre-release last week to review for Confront Magazine, so I've been lucky enough to listen to it non-stop for the past week. 

Shameless plug: my album review goes up tomorrow, and it would be GREAT if you would go read it.  Don't worry, I'll be sure to put up a link after it goes live. Spoiler: I like it. 

Along those lines... my creative buzz, which started with craft day at the Luce's house a few weekends ago, has not yet worn off. I started a book club with two nice ladies (if you live in the Bothell-ish area, you're welcome to join!) and I've been writing more for Confront, and I've decided to do NaNoWriMo! A lot of creative juices flowing, which is good, because I don't want to feel like an emotionless drone in my cubicle day after day. 

A lovely little Tuesday tradition that started with my friend Linnea (I MISS YOU!) is going to the Starbucks down the street from Marc and my work after we get off and playing games with friends. We've actually gotten to some of our coworkers better by inviting them to play games. It's a lot of fun! Back when Marc and I started watching Tabletop and getting into board games, we were usually just playing the two of us. Tonight we played an adorable game (with pandas!) called Takenoko. It's pretty easy once you get to know the rules, and it's just so cute. If you like games, I would definitely recommend it. 



Hope you're all having a great Tuesday and a nice week so far! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Day 1: I CHEATED

Project: 100 Books in 2013

Panic Stress Dreams. So, that's fun.