Joy in the form of pumpkin cider and cool weather.

There are few things I like more than Friday nights.

I had a pretty productive day at work. I got to do some work outside of the scope of my normal duties and hole up in a conference room with Marc and one of my other favorite coworkers. It was a good end to a very busy week.

I don't think I'll ever be the kind of person who doesn't want to have a job at all, because there's nothing more fulfilling than working really hard and then enjoying your time off, as I am currently doing.

Sometimes, on Friday nights, Marc lets his freak flag fly and plays Friday night Magic at any number of game stores around town. Tonight he's playing at Card Kingdom, which is this awesome game store that happens to be attached to this great little cafe called Cafe Mox.

I'm enjoying a pumpkin cider and getting ready to order a hummus and pita plate while scheduling my upcoming album reviews for Confront Magazine (I've got Pearl Jam, The Head and the Heart, and The Avett Brothers lined up right now).

I managed to snag a seat pretty quickly since it's just me, and I'm outside in a perfect combination of cool breezes coming onto the patio and warmth from the heaters above me. It's perfect. It feels good.

This weekend we have plans to visit the pumpkin patch with friends tomorrow and then babysit the cutest little one year old I know. Hope y'all have a nice weekend, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Day 1: I CHEATED

Project: 100 Books in 2013

Panic Stress Dreams. So, that's fun.