Catching Up

Hi fellas. It's been a while.

A ton has happened since the last time I wrote. Marc and I finally went on that European vacation that we'd been planning for years... three weeks in some of the places I have spent my entire life dreaming about. Those tales are just going to have to wait, for now. There's no way I have the energy or stamina to get through it all tonight.

But look at how happy I was:


That is the face of a girl whose dreams are coming true! Marc took that picture of me right before I tossed my coin into the Trevi fountain.

I feel like we planned the timing of our trip perfectly. When we got back, it was the week before Thanksgiving and we barely had time to be depressed about the trip being over before it was the holidays and I had something else to be excited about.

On top of that, my sister was scheduled to fly into visit exactly one week after we got back. Imagine my surprise when we get to the airport, find my sister at her gate exit and then a few seconds later, the rest of my family (mom, dad and two brothers) come up behind us! It was such a nice surprise! They stayed the week of Thanksgiving and I was so thankful to have them all here, since I didn't think I was going to be able to spend the holidays with my whole family this year.

Sad for them, it rained the whole time (it is Seattle, after all), but they seemed to have a good time and we got to spend a bunch of quality time together. Just in time for my family-leaving depression to kick in, it's now the Christmas season. The joy that Christmas gives me is SO INTENSE that today I was happy all day. At work. On a Monday. Bizarre.

I think it helps that I've decorated my desk.



Cute, no?

On top of that, I've found a really awesome, exciting (unpaid) side job writing for Confront Magazine. It's exactly the kind of writing I was dreaming about when I went to college and finally settled on majoring in journalism. I've only written a few things so far, but it is so exhilarating. And it reminded me how therapeutic writing is.

So, you'll be seeing me around here a little more.

Now, I'll leave you with some new music I discovered tonight while researching for Confront Magazine. Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo Day 1: I CHEATED

Project: 100 Books in 2013

Panic Stress Dreams. So, that's fun.